• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

B&H Photo (3 Viewers)

Absolutely - I wouldn't be able to afford to be in the hobby if it wasn't for the likes of B&H. You get free shipping on most stuff in USA - overseas we have to pay and its still cheaper so USA peeps do well. The order-to-packing time is usually only 48 hours so pretty good. You can look at the site but not order during the Sabbath or holidays so bear that in mind, but very reliable.

Don't stock Think Tank products unfortunately.

There are other sites too like Adorama, Hunts etc

Almost all my photo equipment has been bought from B&H. Not only are they reliable but also have some of the best prices on many items. I got my Pentax PF80 ED with the big zoom for $789 with a $50 gift card and my XW14 for $269 brand new.

I have ordered a variety of optics from them and have always been pleased by their prices and condition of their merchandise. They are usually one of the ones that I check first when looking for a specific optic.

Same here - Top dealer. No questions asked returns.

The store is worth a trip to New York. Its huge. The optics section is spectacular. They have in stock all the scopes and binoculars they list on their web site. I once spent the better part of a day comparing binoculars (they almost asked me to leave). But I did finally buy.

I have deposited many of my pay checks at B&H with no regrets.

Was at B&H for the first time 2 weeks ago, the sales help is typical rude, NYC nasty attitude, no smiles and no feedback. I would not recommend a trip to the store, just
buy on line!

They're an excellent business, among the very very best, for buying camera and related gear (I've bought a lot from them over the last 24 years with no problems, or at least any that they didn't immediately resolve) but I don't think I've ever bought a binocular from them because I've always found their prices (+ shipping, when applicable) for bins and scopes that I sought to purchase to be higher than at equally reliable competitors (e.g. Eagle Optics, Adorama, Cabela's).

--AP

Was at B&H for the first time 2 weeks ago, the sales help is typical rude, NYC nasty attitude, no smiles and no feedback. I would not recommend a trip to the store, just
buy on line!

Hello Raptorbfl,

I bought a tripod from them, years, ago, with the terrific help of a salesman.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur Pinewood

Was at B&H for the first time 2 weeks ago, the sales help is typical rude, NYC nasty attitude, no smiles and no feedback. I would not recommend a trip to the store, just buy on line!

First I want to thank everyone here kind enough to post compliments about us. This is very gratifying and much appreciated.

raptorbfl -- I am very sorry for your uncharacteristic experience. I'd be happy to look up your recent purchase, presuming you made one, which will tell us which sales associate assisted you. I can then share that information and your comments with his or her sales manager.

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video

Henry,
Thats nice of you to respond to me. I obviously did not purchase because of the terrible
attitude I received at the binocular counter. Maybe the gentleman was just having a bad
day and I should give him the benefit of the doubt.

I just ordered a pair of Nikon Extreme binoculars for a good price and they included a $25.00 B&H gift card. Fast delivery, great product, and $25.00 back! What a deal.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back