• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What bird is this ? (1 Viewer)

Mike Tom

A saw this bird on the west coast of Scotland Aug 16. I thought it was a wheatear. Imagery very poor so if anyone can confirm this it would be fantastic. Thanks

Attachments

• DSCF1291.jpg
    DSCF1291.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 289
I'm not seeing that much of a contrast, and I'm seeing a brown mantle. I'd lean more towards meadow pipit or skylark than wheatear - but it's best left unidentified.

No sure it can be identified, but I looks like a linnet to me, juvenile Wheatear would be my second choice. Deep belly and thin breast exclude Skylark imo.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back