• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (3 Viewers)

I adore that last Goldfinch Sketch Arthur - it really works well as a finished drawing (not that the others are any less good of course!)

Love these goldfinches, I've watched with fascination how more and more life has appeared in your work, yet the details remain intact. Great stuff, yes, would love to see some painting now, not that there's anything wrong with the pencil crayons.

I bet you were thinking of me Tim and as for Woody, 09 will be 40 years for me.
Some sketches from this morning then to watch the rugby.

Attachments

• Ja.jpg
    Ja.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 66
  • Ja1.jpg
    Ja1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 61
nice Jackdaws Arthur, I photographed a group yesterday squabbling on my
chimney pots and I think there may be a painting in it .Will
have to play around with a good composition using the material and see?

yours have captured thier caracter brilliantly.

Thankyou all.

Arnolds Marsh today.
Some sketches of Juv. Shellduck ,Redshanks , BT Godwits and Sandwich Terns

Attachments

• AM.jpg
    AM.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 51
  • AM2.jpg
    AM2.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 60
  • AM3.jpg
    AM3.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 61
Thankyou Zac & Steve

Prelims for a new picture, any thoughts on the composition.

No comments on no feet being drawn, cant walk on water yet.

Attachments

• Sandw.jpg
    Sandw.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 62
Hi Arthur,
The terns look great . The only thing I would change is the terns in the bottom right. All the tails and wings seem to merge into one dark area which I would find difficult to keep seperate. Maybe juggle them about a bit. But hey what do I know.
Steve

Looking really good from here Arthur! Composition isn't my strong point so can't make any suggestions - far better group of birds than I could manage!!

this is going to be a great picture indeed, the only thing I'd do differently (not necessarily correctly of course, the correct path is the one the artist chooses themselves (good grief, I have one cup of chinese tea and I come over all Confucius like, (and having brackets in brackets!!))) Anyway, yes, I'd perhap move the very middle tern a bit towards the right, thus opening up a gap of space between the groups, yet linking them (with this newly moved bird) with a large broad sweep going up from right to left on the diagonal - this is perhaps my way of working, most of my compositions I've noticed use a corner to corner diagonal.

In any case, whatever you do with this piece it's going to look great! Nice field sketches too, all I got today were some "deformities" moving quickly through the conifers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back