• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (1 Viewer)

Looking good Arthur. I love the behavioral aspect of the sketch- all the birds facing the wind as they do! Looking forward to the finished painting.

Woody

Thanks all for your input.

I think this is the way I might go.
Godwit was a blocker, replaced with a Redshank going away.
Took aTern out of the crowd R/hand corner and dropped one closer to lead you in.
Have not decided on the medium yet.
Old and new to compare.

Attachments

• Sandw.jpg
    Sandw.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Sandw 1.jpg
    Sandw 1.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 61
I cant work at the speed of both of you, besides it's been a lovely sunny day up here (sorry Woody) today been out enjoying it.
Did make a bit of a start though . You might just be able to see, took it in daylight.

Attachments

• Sandw 2.jpg
    Sandw 2.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 60
Arthur the Changes you made were inspired and have helped lift the piece
significantly. I was a little worried befor that you had a Shepardesque Pyramid
compasition going on to much. Although I didn't have time to post.

But ,by removing the problem elements its
produced more depth and flow. Looking forward to this one being finished
but no pressure! I know how hard it is to keep up with Mr Derry and Mr Wootton.:t:

Coming on a treat Arthur. The redshank walking away is brave and, personally, I think it works beautifully.

Woody

Wow -- I really like this, now that I see it coming together! And the Redshank really is a perfect counterpoint to those stoic little terns. Brilliant, can't wait to see it finished!

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back