• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greetings from Norway (1 Viewer)

Hi oivind

Beautiful sketches, and thank you for showing them as you have done so. Thnak you for sharing. :gh::t::gh:

Love to see more of your work in the near future :t:

Regards
Kathy
x

Thank you all!
Juan - lovely sketches from Norway. I've admired your work for some time, and your book "Entre mar y tierra" is high on my wish-list. Actually, I'm going to YOUR wonderful country in just a month, to the far south, where I'll have at least four days to watch birds and hopefully do some sketching. I'm really looking forward to it.
If you return to Norway, it would be an honour to show you some new sites!

Stunning sketches - they take my breath away!

.....and welcome from me on here as a bonus...love to see more of your up and coming experiences in the UK

Regards
Kathy
x

Thank you all for kind comments. I've got a lot of unfinished birding business in Spain! Spent my last day at Punta Carnero close to Tarifa, and in spite of rain showers, misty conditions and a considerable head wind, nine species of raptors passed at close range, among them hundreds of black kites and booted eagles. What a joy!

And what a joy to see these fine watercolours!

Two of the three species - Teal and Black'wit' - I'm very familiar wit, and these are wonderfully done, sir! Seen loads of Black-winged Stilts but never had the oppo to sketch 'em.

Russ

And what a joy to see these fine watercolours!

Two of the three species - Teal and Black'wit' - I'm very familiar wit, and these are wonderfully done, sir! Seen loads of Black-winged Stilts but never had the oppo to sketch 'em.

Russ

They surely are, love these waders, superbly done sir. A real treat..

Finally managed to get some painting done again. Ravens have always fascinated me, with their superb avian skills and their ability to learn.

Attachments

• ravn copy.jpg
    ravn copy.jpg
    460.3 KB · Views: 110
Amazing piece. I love how you've painted such a 'black' bird with such light tones - captures the irredescence perfectly. Wonderful work!

Superb drawings Oivind.

The Raven is stunning, along with every feather and detail in its place.

Of course the other eye catching drawings/paintings of yours have not escaped my attention either. :gh::gh::t:

Regards
Kathy
x

the raven is amazing, having tried to paint similar birds I know just how extraordinary this piece is.

Thank you all for nice comments! I though I'd post something different, and probably borderline controversial in this forum? I've never hunted in my life, but I kind of fell for the interaction between the girl and the dog. I'm trying to work with only black watercolour for the first time, and it's kind of fun.

Attachments

• jerpejakt copy.jpg
    jerpejakt copy.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 103
Very nicely done Oivind. You have a great finesse with watercolor. It seems as natural and flowing to you as a pencil does to others. And there's a very winning variety of thin and thick strokes, dark and ligher tones. It just really adds up to a very accomplished work.

interesting image, almost like the little girl is holding the hazel grouse as a sort of play thing, an almost naive scene, contrasting the innocence of childhood with a kill.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back