• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tropical rain forest clothes (1 Viewer)

by the way, i saw a guy who wore red color t-shirt while walking in the rainforest and the back of him around the shirt, lots of mosquitoes following him ... does anyone here had the same experience ?

Chris D said:
To Katsunori ---- if insects permit, try to dress as light and comfortable as possible. It's always best to be safe, but also up-to-date on what threats there are in your area.
Thank you! I won't forget your advice. I will try them in the field.
As I love scuba diving and WAS a casual birder, so I've never gone deep into rainforest. I was at a loss what to wear. Well now that I got some advice here, I'll give it a try to both leather boots and rubber boots.

Regards,Katsu

They bite.
And that has to be the understatement of the year. I hate Black flies, the bite hurts and it is extremely itchy, enough to drive you insane. If you scratch too much, you can become quite ill.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back