• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

First butterfly in 2017 (1 Viewer)

There have been reports of eg Holly Blue in Cornwall and Brimstones in the SE already, but had my first two of the year yesterday -

Malpas, nr Truro 24/02/17 - Red Admiral
Truro 24/02/17 - Small Tortoishell

It was a rather balmy warm sunny day!

I saw 2 butterflies here on the Lizard on Feb 14th. Unfortunately they both saw me first and scarpered before I got a proper look at them. I think the first was a Small Tortoiseshell and the second was a Red Admiral. None since, despite some promising conditions at times.

Hi

I saw a butterfly today at Earlswood Lakes near Birmingham. I was against the sky so I could not be certain as to species, but profile looked like Red Admiral. I also saw a bumble bee, but no idea of species there!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back