• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

one of the most beautiful binoculars in history (1 Viewer)

I meant the qualities of the photograph itself - super clean and sharp, showing great detail, lovely light and even the setting (polished wood table) is very attractive to my eyes. I enjoyed those photos so much I checked up some of the others this gentleman has taken and most of them are really good too. Makes my own efforts to photograph binoculars look very poor indeed!

I am not sure that I have seen any beautiful binoculars, but the one shown above is handsome, and possibly beautiful if I saw it.

Now a Kodak Bantam Special is beautiful, although I may have sold mine.

An E type Jaguar is beautiful.

Grace Kelly was beautiful.

But binoculars. Maybe not. More like scientific instruments.

Some old telescopes I think were beautiful.

Also some old watches, Breuget?

But beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I understand this is an old thread, but I only recently acquired a Sears 6287-A (Jb56). I’m unable to accurately quantify it’s field of view, but it is noticeably wider than even my “Neiman Marcus“ brand “Extra Wide Angle 13 degree” (claimed) jb146 binocular. The 6287-A incorporated a lens element attached to the prism shelf (I’ll let others explain it’s purpose). The view is W-I-D-E, but I get the nagging feeling this was accomplished by slightly reducing magnification. Overall quality of design and materials is high by 1970 standards, but not to the level of the best 1950’s-1960’s Japanese designs.

My somewhat similar 7x35 are not as pristine nor as handsome as the OP's (neither are my photos below) but have the same FOV and the eyepieces look identical. Wonderful views on the beach yesterday and surprisingly good close focus for a wide angle porro.

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_0424.jpg
    IMG_0424.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0426.jpg
    IMG_0426.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0428.jpg
    IMG_0428.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back