• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

wildlife in graphite (3 Viewers)

Managed to finish this one up today,havn't managed to come up with a title for it yet.my photographic skills are sadly lacking i'm afraid so it's not the best quality image.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 130
Doesn't need any fancy photographic skills to see the quality in your work Clive. A stupendous result - as lively and true to life as any painting. Lovely.

I confess to having a sneaky peep on your blog at this one and looked at all the detail close up. Not only is it superb but I love the watery reflections and composition too.
I shall never again complain about coloured pencils taking so long, I suspect that this represents many hours of work....and the care taken really shows.
Oh, and I love your blog header :D

many thanks tim and chrissy,ive lost track of how many hours went into this one especially trying to interpret the myriad of reflections into something that would make sense on paper!.thanks for the comments about my blog,i absolutely love foxes and have lost count on how many ive drawn over the years but the guy on the header was one i spent a lot of time with at secret world wildlife rescue allowing me to get some great reference material.

Ah, mud with teal on it, just like my neck of the woods all through winter. Superb drawing Clive, captures the atmosphere perfectly.

Mike

thanks mike and yes i think it's a scene that all birders would relate to which is what i like to try and portray in my drawings along with something of the atmosphere of the day.

thanks mike and yes i think it's a scene that all birders would relate to which is what i like to try and portray in my drawings along with something of the atmosphere of the day.

Those Teal are great- I especially like the line of shadow that wraps round the centre drake.

It occurs to me with winter coming on that you could do a really smart Water Rail in da reedy edge in this style - it would have just that mixture of darkness detail and contrast.

ed,thanks very much,especially for noticing the shadow! i did a drawing of a moorhen with a reedy edge thing going on with snow and ice recently,water rail would be nice although i havnt gathered any reference on this particular bird as yet.
colleen many thanks :)

just finished up this image of a curlew on keyhaven marshes.photography still not brilliant i'm afraid.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 108
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back