• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds 21-25 Mexico (1 Viewer)

ednamex

You are all really helpful. Thank you!

More from Yucatan.

Ed

Attachments

• DSC09060.JPG
    DSC09060.JPG
    199.1 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC09069.JPG
    DSC09069.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC09072.JPG
    DSC09072.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC09074.JPG
    DSC09074.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC09080.JPG
    DSC09080.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 62
N2&3 look like Greyish Saltator (Saltator coerulescens).

N.4 is a 'Myiarchus' Flycatcher but I wouldn't risk an ID without a proper view.

[EDIT: Though No. 4 is mentioned, I assume No. 5 is the photo actually being referenced in the quote below as a Myiarchus--No. 4 is clearly not a flycatcher of any sort.]

N.4 is a 'Myiarchus' Flycatcher but I wouldn't risk an ID without a proper view.

I don't think it's a Myiarchus. Looks more like Contupus.

Best,
Jim

Last edited:
Still think 4 is a Yellow-throated Euphonia

Oops! I was referring to photo #5 in my post above and assumed that is what "Gavia Immer" was referring to also when he said he thought it was a Myarchius. I think he/she mistakenly wrote 4 when he/she meant #5

Best,
Jim

Number one is a female American Redstart, number two and three, yes Grayish Saltator, number four yes, Yellow-throated Euphonia, and number five looks like it might be that sneaky flycatcher from the other post. I also think it's a pewee species- might be Tropical but can't say for sure.

Hey, Guys!! :hi: Yes, I wrote N.4 meaning N.5. Sorry about that. And giving a second thought, I agree with N.5 being a 'Contopus' instead of a 'Myiarchus'. The prominent crest deceived me in my first look.

:t: :t: :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back