• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Whre has the time gone? (1 Viewer)

Thelma W.

Hello Everyone, I am so sorry I haven't been around for such a long time but since losing my other half I have been so busy catching up on long overdue jobs and maintenance that my social time has been very limited.

I am still feeding the birds and the badgers are still coming nightly. Throughout the drought they have a bit naughty, digging up my lawn a bit, but I have forgiven them as they have been unable to get worms for such a long time. I have been making sure that they have been getting plenty of moisture from their food as I know numbers can crash from starvation in drought conditions.

I will try and come back more often as I miss the news and chat, but the last few weeks have been spent stuck up ladders painting the landing ceiling, stairs and hall, and since I hate heights it has been a bit of a chore!

Hello Thelma, the other owl fanatic if I remember rightly! Good to see you back, sorry for your loss. Hope that you will be able to join in again now, but you will see that we are depleted in numbers here, but we do have some new people too. We try valiantly to keep going what was so kindly set up for us all those years ago!

Hello Everyone, I am so sorry I haven't been around for such a long time but since losing my other half I have been so busy catching up on long overdue jobs and maintenance that my social time has been very limited.

I am still feeding the birds and the badgers are still coming nightly. Throughout the drought they have a bit naughty, digging up my lawn a bit, but I have forgiven them as they have been unable to get worms for such a long time. I have been making sure that they have been getting plenty of moisture from their food as I know numbers can crash from starvation in drought conditions.

I will try and come back more often as I miss the news and chat, but the last few weeks have been spent stuck up ladders painting the landing ceiling, stairs and hall, and since I hate heights it has been a bit of a chore!

Hi Thelma

Great to see your posting on x-Beeb's, Thelma, and to hear from you again.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your OH too. :-C

Look forward to hearing alkl about your wildlife adventures once more. :-O:t:

Regards
Kathy
x

Hello Thelma, the other owl fanatic if I remember rightly! Good to see you back, sorry for your loss. Hope that you will be able to join in again now, but you will see that we are depleted in numbers here, but we do have some new people too. We try valiantly to keep going what was so kindly set up for us all those years ago!

Hello Wendy, good to hear from you and sorry to find numbers depleting. I will try and get back now again but RL is very full these days and time online has to be limited.

Have people deviated to other parts of this site or gone altogether? Seems such a shame.

Cheers,

Hi Thelma,
Nice to hear from another, old user of the ex beeb page, I agree that it is a shame, that so few people now post on here, I used to enjoy reading of other peoples exploits and of course posting my own. So come on old beebers have you stopped birding as well as posting,do lets revive this page.
GFeorge

Hi Thelma,
Nice to hear from another, old user of the ex beeb page, I agree that it is a shame, that so few people now post on here, I used to enjoy reading of other peoples exploits and of course posting my own. So come on old beebers have you stopped birding as well as posting,do lets revive this page.
GFeorge

Hi George, I was surprised that so many people have dropped out. I have, mainly because since losing my husband there is a lot to do and only me to do it! There are never enough hours in a day for me to do everything on my 'to do list' which is very frustrating.

I will try and come back more often. I did really enjoy this site when I had the time.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back