• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cole Valley (1 Viewer)

Rob Williams

This really pulls together all the spots that make up my local patches. Went to the nature reserve first. It was quiet in the sense that not too many birds around, but lots of noise from Wrens, Dunnocks, Great Tits. Magpies flying around with large sticks dangling from bills.

On my way back walked along the river and was treated to a female Kestrel in a tree. She let me get quite close and photograph her. Then, to my amazement, two chaffinches flew into the same tree and perched near to her. She then chased one off and flew to another tree. Great views of her scanning the ground. I then left her in peace.

Finally, to the millpool. Watched the Grebes perform their courtship dance and actually witnessed the weed swapping. Great fun. To cap a good morning, first Siskin of the year.

Rob

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back