• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sparrowhawk (2 Viewers)

Sphenodon

I returned home one day this week to find a male sparrowhawk sitting on garden fence. A beautiful bird, I know they are known to visit gardens but my garden is only about 3mX4m so it was a nice surprise. Anyone else have unusual sightings.

They visit my neighbourhood so much the birds get pretty jumpy in my garden - have often had very close encounters with the resident Sparrowhawks flying through my garden on attack passes. Once I was crouching on the lawn throwing suet to a tame blackbird and a sparrowhawk flew through a gap in the trees and zipped through between me and the blackbird, probably no more than two feet from me, before disappearing around the front of my house. The blackbird shot off into the trees and I was left reeling from the shock!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back