• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where have all the goldfinches gone? (1 Viewer)

PatrickH

Just moved to Vista, in northern San Diego County, 3 years ago and have only really been paying attention to the types of birds that come to our yard since our landscaping was completed a couple of years ago. It seemed like Goldfinches were nearly constantly present. Last May I bought a large pole system from Wild Birds Unlimited including a nyjer seed feeder. Within minutes it was teeming with Goldfinches and I was constantly refilling it. The birds disappeared over the winter, and now that spring has returned I was expecting them to be back but there isn't a trace of goldfinches. Is there something about their migration that changes occasionally or is it just my back yard that has suddenly fallen out of favor with goldfinches? Has anyone else noticed a change in their presence?

Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back