• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A New Binocular Brand is Launched (1 Viewer)

...the Bushnell 8x42 NatureView Porro cheapie bins seem to fit the bill as they claim 8.2 deg true field, 16mm ER and twist up eyecups at 100 dollars or so.
There remains the question if they are good enough for your taste... if you try them, let us know...

Yes, those are good, at least in the previous incarnations that I've tried. Here's the current model
http://www.optics4birding.com/bushnell-natureview-8x42-tan-porro-prism-binoculars.html
Also consider the even cheaper Bushnell 8x42 Legacy porro with its similar specs. Not a bad bin.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/421386-REG/Bushnell_120842_8x42_Legacy_WP_Binocular.html

But I've never been as impressed with either of these as with the Nikon 8x32 EII, which optically is different but in the same league as the 8x32 SE. I think of the Bushnell porros as alternatives to something like the Leupold Yosemite or its equivalents.

--AP

Hm, good eye relief, wide field of view, compact eyepiece - choose any two...

That being said - the Bushnell 8x42 NatureView Porro cheapie bins seem to fit the bill as they claim 8.2 deg true field, 16mm ER and twist up eyecups at 100 dollars or so.
There remains the question if they are good enough for your taste... if you try them, let us know.

Joachim

Hello Joachim,

I appreciate your posting, however if Zeiss can put decent eye relief, reasonably sized eyepieces and decent FOV their FL roof, surely it can be done in a Porro, perhaps at the expense of overall size.

I am not interested in an 8x42, just an 8x32. As another poster wrote, the Zeiss 8x32 FL greatest virtue may be maintaining decent eye relief in that package.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur :hi:

Last edited:
Marketing Representatives Announced

GPO USA issued two press releases today announcing marketing representatives for their product line.

January 13, 2017 - GPO, USA HIRES MURSKI BREEDING SALES AGENCY FOR 37 STATES

GPO, USA HIRES MURSKI BREEDING SALES AGENCY FOR 37 STATES

Midlothian, Virginia, January 13, 2017 — GPO, USA, the industry’s newest premium optics company has hired Murski Breeding Sales to represent GPO, USA in 37 southern, central, northern, and eastern states. The sales agency will be responsible for all channels of trade and all products within the GPO portfolio for these regions.

“The Murski Breeding Sales agency is a highly organized and incredibly well-respected sales group in this industry,” says Michael Jensen, owner and CEO of GPO, USA. “They bring experience and credibility to whomever they represent and will serve this brand well to their hundreds of dealers and VIPs that they have long-term relationships with.”
Murski Breeding Sales will be responsible for servicing all channels of trade, including retail, wholesale, e-commerce retailers, chain stores, and mass merchants. States represented are Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin. Retailers within these regions seeking information about premium GPO products can contact GPO, USA directly or Murski Breeding Sales at 214-637-0979.

“It’s an honor to be welcomed into this brand and to represent GPO, USA at the beginning of its journey.” says Matt Breeding, president and CEO of Murski Breeding Sales. “We expect that with these products and its company leadership, GPO will be a brand that will be recognized by consumers and dealers in a very short period of time, for a very long time.”

January 13, 2017 - GPO, USA HIRES TOTAL SALES & MARKETING FOR 13 WESTERN STATES

GPO, USA HIRES TOTAL SALES & MARKETING FOR 13 WESTERN STATES

Midlothian, Virginia, January 13, 2017—GPO, USA, the industry’s newest premium optics company, has hired Total Sales & Marketing to represent GPO, USA in 13 western states. Total Sales & Marketing will be responsible for all channels of trade and products within the GPO portfolio.

“The TSM sales team brings over 100 years of combined premium optics sales agency experience to our products. They know the dealers, they understand the consumers, and they are simply excellent businessmen,” said Michael Jensen, owner and CEO of GPO, USA. “This is a highly competitive market, and GPO needs highly competitive and competent sales agencies who understand how to service dealers and represent a quality brand.”

Total Sales & Marketing will service all channels of trade in Western USA to include retail, wholesale, ecommerce retailers, chain stores, and mass merchants in California, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Washington, Alaska, and Hawaii. Retailers within this region seeking information about premium GPO products can contact GPO, USA directly or Total Sales and Marketing, LLC at 425-213-2779 or [email protected].

“GPO represents everything that is right about this industry,” said Mark Barry, owner and CEO of Total Sales and Marketing. “They are serious outdoor enthusiasts, they understand dealer and consumer needs, and they care and give back to the industry. It’s an honor to represent quality.”

http://gpo-usa.com/press

For our European visitors: the German web site has now opened.

Thanks, but unfortunately it's a carbon copy of the US one - the only german language to be found is some legalese under the imprint link required by german law.

Even the NRA donation statement is there... not sure if that's gonna be a big hit over here.

Joachim

So do all the folks that get their feeling hurt over the NRA thing automatically dismiss the fact that they support the American Birding Association too?

Without wishing to get into the specific argument vis a vis the NRA, I think that those behind the "German" website have made a misstep by not amending the list of organisations supported by purchases made via this route to include European/British organisations. Not to do so will be resented and will inevitably needlessly annoy many. Perhaps, though, they intend to do so but at this early stage have not yet finalise details.

So do all the folks that get their feeling hurt over the NRA thing automatically dismiss the fact that they support the American Birding Association too?

Just as we in the UK do not understand the totemic role of the NRA for many (but by no means all) Americans, then many in the USA do not understand the intensity of the dislike and distrust of guns that many (most) here hold. I make no judgement here about which point of view is right but merely suggest what appears perfectly normal and OK to many Americans will seem very different to those of us on the other side of the Atlantic. Hence support of the NRA is likely to put many in the UK (and quite probably elsewhere in Europe) off buying the brand altogether despite the option to specifically designate one of the listed charities.

I will never understand that logic (no offense). Not trusting a "tool" instead of not trusting an individual. To each his own I guess.

I will never understand that logic (no offense). Not trusting a "tool" instead of not trusting an individual. To each his own I guess.

No offense (or even offence ;-)! ) taken. The mutual incomprehension over this matter between our two closely related cultures is very well known!

Hi,

just imagine a company called American Quality Tools is launching a new US webpage - but it's in a foreign language and it proclaims that a percentage of each sale goes to a list of foreign charities containing one whose aims are regarded by most US citizens with deep distrust.

Regards,

Joachim

Hi,

just imagine a company called American Quality Tools is launching a new US webpage - but it's in a foreign language and it proclaims that a percentage of each sale goes to a list of foreign charities containing one whose aims are regarded by most US citizens with deep distrust.

Regards,

Joachim

I don't understand your comment. Most US citizens do not regard the 2nd Amendment to the Bill of Rights in the US Constitution with "deep distrust."

Perhaps you can clarify it?

I don't understand your comment. Most US citizens do not regard the 2nd Amendment to the Bill of Rights in the US Constitution with "deep distrust."

Seems very clear to me. Besides, donations go to the NRA, not to the 2nd amendment of the US Constitution.

--AP

Last edited:

I thought the meaning was quite plain. The point being made is that, whatever the view maybe in America, the right to bear arms is deeply distrusted in the UK and (to a lesser degree, I think) in much of Europe. The point is how would Americans regard a website that asked them to support an organisation that that was inimical to widely held views in their society, expressed the view in a 'foreign' language and yet also claimed to be 'American'. I hope this helps.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back