• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

UK binocular deals, special offers and bargains (1 Viewer)

Uttings have a bank holiday offer that gives buyers an additional £50 (Code LESS50) off the 8x42 Trinovids mentioned above reducing the cost to £549 plus £5.99 postage. The offer ends midnight Tuesday 31st of May.

Cley Spy Black Friday/weekend Zeiss offers

10% off Zeiss Sports Optics at Cley Spy from 25th to 28th November.

Lee

Harpers Photo in their Used Miscellaneous section have a Leica 10x32 HD (whatever that is).
Also Cash Converters (yes I know) have an Opticron DBA Oasis S-Coat Mg 10x42 going cheap (lovely codition apparently); you'll need to provide your own case and rainguard.

I suspect this blow-out means Canon will soon replace this model.

The 2017 Canon Japanese catalogue lists the 3 new models only just hitting the dealers but guess which mode actually gets pride of place on the cover...

http://cweb.canon.jp/pdf-catalog/binoculars/pdf/binoculars.pdf

Curry's PC World are the largest electrical retailer in Europe selling everything from toasters to ovens. In October they sold 20 x Canon 10x42L on Ebay, So maybe they are getting a bulk discount from Canon (UK) for ordering in volume and then applying it to something that is actually rather specialized, with a limited market in the grand scheme of things.

Anyway, I've decided to keep the one they sent 2 weeks ago, it performs really well.

Last edited:
PDF brochures are easy to update. I might be wrong, but I have noticed Currys often appears to have advance warning of model replacements – possibly because they are so big.

If a new model arrives, it will be far, far more than £700.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back