• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

John Busby - Drawing Birds (1 Viewer)

Thanks Tim - just grabbed the last one I think :t: I had a copy of this book years ago but somewhere along the line of moving house a few times it went missing :smoke:

Oh I missed out! I don't have this book, there is a new one for 13 pounds on ebay, might order it

'might' order it? No! 'Must' order it! ;) I'm tempted to buy it again myself, just to say that was money well spent, even if I have a copy of both editions published.

Rather confusingly, there are 2 versions of this book with the same name, the first published in 1986 and the second in 2004. I've got the first, but not the second; browsing through one in a shop it seemed that although much of the text is the same, a lot of the illustrations are different. Almost, but not quite, 2 different books, strange! I think the ones Tim noted were for the first edition.

Rather confusingly, there are 2 versions of this book with the same name, the first published in 1986 and the second in 2004. I've got the first, but not the second; browsing through one in a shop it seemed that although much of the text is the same, a lot of the illustrations are different. Almost, but not quite, 2 different books, strange! I think the ones Tim noted were for the first edition.
Indeed, Graham. revised edition - both versions packed with inspirational words and astounding images. Get them both, if possible.

tims being modest his book i think is better, johns is a classic but tim has a more updated version with some newer and more diverse methods

My copy arrived this morning and it's tempting me so VERY MUCH to pull a sickie and go and sit in the hide at Cresswell Pond and just draw without feeling self-conscious :-O

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back