• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My wildlife art (1 Viewer)

Wingbeats

Hi everyone!

Don't know if anyone will remember me, but a couple of years ago (i believe i last posted when i was around 13) I started a thread on the wildlife art forum as 'Nature lover'. Unfortunately I haven't been on so long i forgot my password, and rather than trying to retrieve it decided I'd prefer a new account anyway.

I'm now 15 and I draw/paint almost every day now! And decided i'd benefit again from the opinions of fellow artists. I've really started to get a liking for acrylics now. Below are some recent artworks!

any feedback appreciated

Attachments

• 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 113
  • shag.jpg
    shag.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 130
  • fox.jpg
    fox.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 125
  • puffins.jpg
    puffins.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 120
Hi everyone!

Don't know if anyone will remember me, but a couple of years ago (i believe i last posted when i was around 13) I started a thread on the wildlife art forum as 'Nature lover'. Unfortunately I haven't been on so long i forgot my password, and rather than trying to retrieve it decided I'd prefer a new account anyway.

I'm now 15 and I draw/paint almost every day now! And decided i'd benefit again from the opinions of fellow artists. I've really started to get a liking for acrylics now. Below are some recent artworks!

any feedback appreciated

they look good- especially the strong lines on that Shag

welcome back

Oh yes, the shags and the fox are very strong indeed, if you're only 15 now you'll be a big name quite soon, hope you'll stick around and show us more.

Thanks everyone!! some field sketches of moorhens and mallards today. I never field sketch, but I desperately want to learn so giving it a shot...

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 102
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    169 KB · Views: 105
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 100
a few more from a couple of days ago. Collared dove 'field' (garden) sketches. Also a sketch of a common buzzard at a falconary centre

Attachments

• buzzard.jpg
    buzzard.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 98
  • doves.jpg
    doves.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 91
Brilliant, for me field sketching is fundamental to creating pictures, you find your way around the birds and you open your eyes more. Please keep at this, this is very promising work - the moorhen is a gem!

Hi Amy - welcome back!! These are very nice indeed - please keep looking at the 'common' birds and continue in this approach. As Nick rightly points out - you have an extrememly bright future in front of you. These show not only great maturity in the 'seeing' but also the foundatiions of a very strong personal style; quite extraordinary in such a young artist. terrific - keep on.

Hi Amy - welcome back!! These are very nice indeed - please keep looking at the 'common' birds and continue in this approach. As Nick rightly points out - you have an extrememly bright future in front of you. These show not only great maturity in the 'seeing' but also the foundatiions of a very strong personal style; quite extraordinary in such a young artist. terrific - keep on.

High praise indeed Amy. Keep up the good work. It's taken me years to feel comfortable with field sketching. You seem to be a natural with it.

Thanks so much everyone! Barn owl at their nest box (and a stonechat!) watercolour. Based on a photo from the scene. The stonechat was really there at the same time!

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    196.4 KB · Views: 116
Thanks everyone! A few new artworks. My first oil pastel drawing of a sooty shearwater and a 'cryptic' bird montage- Nightjar, female black grouse, long eared owl, snipe. Did some more fieldsketching today will upload soon!

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    238.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 165.JPG
    165.JPG
    332.3 KB · Views: 102
Hi Amy - glad you posted your work - lovely indeed. The montage is fabulous...

You definitely have a keen eye so just keep on sketching. Being able to draw like that makes everything else so much easier...

Great job!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back