• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Otun Quimbaya, Colombia (1 Viewer)

rowebird87

Made this trip in July 2017. Great site with fantastic birding. These are three birds I saw that I can't yet identify. The lighting isn't great but maybe some of you can figure these out :)

Attachments

• unknown otun-10.jpg
    unknown otun-10.jpg
    385.3 KB · Views: 42
  • unknown otun-11.jpg
    unknown otun-11.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 46
  • unknown otun-13.jpg
    unknown otun-13.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 41
  • unknown otun-14.jpg
    unknown otun-14.jpg
    420 KB · Views: 42
  • unknown otun-15.jpg
    unknown otun-15.jpg
    428.2 KB · Views: 49
Pygmy-tyrant. Didn't check maps for other species mentioned. Could do : otun is not a million miles from Pereira, South of manizales

Pygmy-Tyrant has several ebird reports from Otun Quimbaya, Ochre-bellied has none, but a few close by either side (including at Pereira). I think this bird has more of the look of the Pygmy Tyrant to it, but rowebird87, having seen it in the field, would be in a better position to judge. (Greenish Elaenia has no reports at Otun Quimbaya, but does up at Pereira, so might be another of my off the cuff identifications that would benefit from closer scrutiny :t: .)

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back