• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upton Warren (21 Viewers)

Also at the Flashes this morning Dave J reports:

39 Avocets (including 13 juveniles), 3 Redshank (left at 07.02, 2 later returned), Dunlin, 3 Green Sandpiper, 5 Common Sandpiper, 7 LR Plover (including 5 juveniles), 2 Teal, Shoveler + 4 juveniles, adult + juvenile Med Gull

Dave J updates from the Moors Pool:

GREAT WHITE EGRET, Hobby, Common Sandpiper, 2 Coal Tit, juvenile Shoveler, 10 Common Tern + 2 young (1:1), 3 Gadwall (+ 2 young), 10 Little Grebe + 4 broods (1:1:1:2), 5 Tufted Duck broods

As we approach the end of July the monthly list currently stands on 88, well down on the totals from recent years. Potential additions in the next few days include (year ticks in bold);

Garganey, Shelduck, Pochard, Red Kite, Marsh Harrier, Pheasant, Ringed Plover, Greenshank, Ruff, Yellow-legged Gull, Common Gull, Sandwich Tern, Black Tern, Barn Owl, Tawny Owl, Feral Pigeon, Yellow Wagtail, Garden Warbler, Willow Warbler, Nuthatch, Yellowhammer
Had pheasant Phil👌

Today's WeBS count in full from Dave J this morning

Avocet 39, Black-tailed Godwit 10, Canada Goose 47, Common Sand 7, Coot 144, Cormorant 6, Curlew 16, Dunlin 1, Gadwall 3, GC Grebe 6, Great White Egret 1, Green Sand 3, Heron 1, Greylag Goose 16, Kingfisher 1+, Lapwing 45, Little Grebe 10, LR Plover 7, Mallard 202, Moorhen min of 20, Mute Swan 12, Oyestercatcher 1, Redshank 3, Shoveler 1, Teal 2, Tufted Duck 19, Water Rail min of 2, BH Gull 125, Herring Gull 3, LBB Gull 15, Med Gull 2, Common Tern 10

Today at reserve

A Number of people texted me today.
Here are their reports
MOORS:- Great white egret. Hobby

FLASHES:- black tailed godwit 4. Dunlin 3. Whimbrel.

The Great White Egret takes the year list to 138, none of which are contentious as all have been photographed / multi-observed.

Species that would be required to take the list to the magical figure of 150 include Barnacle Goose, Garganey, Mandarin, Common Scoter, Goldeneye, Bittern, Merlin, Little Stint, Curlew Sandpiper, Sanderling, Bar-tailed Godwit, Woodcock, Short-eared Owl, Rock Pipit, Tree Pipit, Whinchat, Mealy Redpoll

The Great White Egret takes the year list to 138, none of which are contentious as all have been photographed / multi-observed.

Species that would be required to take the list to the magical figure of 150 include Barnacle Goose, Garganey, Mandarin, Common Scoter, Goldeneye, Bittern, Merlin, Little Stint, Curlew Sandpiper, Sanderling, Bar-tailed Godwit, Woodcock, Short-eared Owl, Rock Pipit, Tree Pipit, Whinchat, Mealy Redpoll
Phil I remember missing a barnacle at the Moors it flew off as I walked up the east hide steps8-P

Sightings so far today via Bob Oakley:

Moors Pool - no sign of Great White Egret but Hobby still

Flashes - 1 Black-tailed Godwit, 2 Dunlin, our juvemile Med Gull

No sign of the GWE this evening, but great sight of the hobby flying towards the oak tree to the left of the hide with a dragonfly in its beak. Some people in the hide got great shots - not me my camera is not good enough, but people might find the picture here useful so they can check out one of the sites it likes to fly from and to?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 127

Users who are viewing this thread

Back