• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Confirmation of ID please (1 Viewer)

Atricapilla

Still Wandering
Could anyone please confirm that these are Pygmy cormorant,do your best as this is a lifer for me, if correct!!
Sorry about the quality of the shots but it was hazy and misty early this morning.

Attachments

• DSCN0610a.jpg
    DSCN0610a.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 143
  • DSCN0627a.jpg
    DSCN0627a.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 135
Hi Bob - apology accepted - its like saying "I'm sorry I've run out of diamonds, will rubies do insead?"

These are lovely clear shots of immature Pygmy Cormorants. The short, stubby bill is diagnostic, and Turkey is part of the known range.

Congratulations on great pix of a new bird!

Rob Smallwood said:
Nice one Bob - I've seen them at Bafa Golu and at Lake Koyceygiz - where were yours?

lovely shots too!

Hi Rob,
They have just arrived at my local(saltmarsh)patch along with a lone one footed Flamingo here in Alacati,on the Izmir peninsula.

Peregrinator said:
Congratulations, Bob. These were worth a trip out on a cold misty morning!
Hi Pere,
I don't know about down your neck of the woods but it is still quite warm up here(70f) once the sun gets over the mountain,I get down the marsh most mornings to see whats arrived overnight.

bobwoodcock said:
Hi Pere,
I don't know about down your neck of the woods but it is still quite warm up here(70f) once the sun gets over the mountain,I get down the marsh most mornings to see whats arrived overnight.
That's great weather! I'm in California now visiting family and friends. I just thought it would be cold in Turkey now. We spent three days in Istanbul before leaving for CA, and froze. I mistakenly figured the cold had marched down the coast by now. Glad to hear you have such nice conditions. I hope the pygmies are still around at the end of February when we return.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back