• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vortex Razor (1 Viewer)

The thing that kept me from Vortex, other than being hard to see (local stores carried only one or two models) is the fact that I think the high end is pretty good, but I have almost no feel for the mid price and not interested in their low end.

I am surprised you did not receive any reply from them. If I am not mistaken it was Jason Sailing that posted as their representative above. I also remember seeing his name in reference to the Eagle Optics website. They have always been known for providing excellent customer service.

I ran into an issue when emailing another optics manufacturer about their products. I had contacted a specific VP of Sales and Marketing on a few occasions about some issues with their binoculars and scopes. He had been extremely helpful even to go so far as to send me a piece or two of new equipment free of charge when an original order failed to show up on my doorstep. I emailed him recently about up and coming products and it took him over a week to get back to me. My email had apparently been put into his spam folder for some reason. Had he not checked it I would have never received a reply.

I do not know if that is the case with your situation but I guess the safe thing to say is that it is never a bad idea to follow up an email with a phone call if the situation warrants it.

brocknroller said:
They also have some new models: Diamondback, Vanquish, Hurricane binoculars. Curiously, the much praised mid-priced Broadwings are missing from the 2007 line-up or at least from their Webpage.
/QUOTE]

Vortex is clearly leading the pack in high testosterone binocular names - they make Zeiss and their Victories look like pikers.

chartwell99 said:
brocknroller said:
They also have some new models: Diamondback, Vanquish, Hurricane binoculars. Curiously, the much praised mid-priced Broadwings are missing from the 2007 line-up or at least from their Webpage.
/QUOTE]

Vortex is clearly leading the pack in high testosterone binocular names - they make Zeiss and their Victories look like pikers.

Ok, I will bite. What is a piker? :h?:

FrankD said:
Ok, I will bite. What is a piker? :h?:

"one who does things in a small way" (courtesy of Webster). I think the derivation is from the derogatory description of participants in the 1858 Colorado Gold Rush who adopted the slogan "Pike's Peak or Bust".

May have fixed problems

According to Steve S. at Optics4birding, he has a pair of the vortex razors and they do not have either the focussing problem nor the eye-cup collapsing problem.

Read my brief review in a similarly titled thread on this forum. The pair I just bought do not have an overly stiff focuser or a problem with collapsing eyecups.

Excellent bins!

FrankD said:
I am surprised you did not receive any reply from them. If I am not mistaken it was Jason Sailing that posted as their representative above. I also remember seeing his name in reference to the Eagle Optics website. They have always been known for providing excellent customer service.

haha.. I guess the guy at my local gun/knife show was right! Vortex and Eagle Optics are the same company... :-O

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back