• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Craigie Gardens - Ayr (1 Viewer)

Di Stone

We will be spending some time in August at Craigie Gardens. Can anyone recommend some sites/areas to head for. Also, what species might I be able to see.

Regards

Di

Hi Di,
an excellent starting point would be to go to:
http://www.ayrshire-birding.org.uk/ and then click through to "Where to watch" on the menu on the left hand side - " Where are the best places to watch birds in Ayrshire? When are the best times to go? What can you expect to see? This section hopes to answer these questions."

I hope the information useful and you have an enjoyable time with lots of good birds.

cheers
Gordon

Ayr

Hi Gordon

Many thanks for the link. I'll surf through over the weekend and then start to plot the map with my pending site visits. I'm really looking forward to getting about the area as we'd normal only travel as far as Edinburgh/Pencaitland on very short flying stop offs.

Di

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back