• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Norfolk birding (13 Viewers)

Re: #11839

Yes, for that one, Stu, I thought you'd been attempting to digiscope some of the craters on the Moon and had a smudge on the outside of your objective lens.

The RSPB hosts photographic courses for beginners, from time to time (!).
;)

Is that a turdus torquatus?

Yes, for that one, Stu, I thought you'd been attempting to digiscope some of the craters on the Moon and had a smudge on the outside of your objective lens.

The RSPB hosts photographic courses for beginners, from time to time (!).
;)

touche - not as bad as the ring ouzel I took last year, just in case you missed that here it is again !!

YES. It is a ring ouzel!

I had to look twice in case it was a zoothera dauma or white's thrush.

Titchwell May 18th

Today’s highlights

Gull-billed tern – 1 west at 11:38 then on the fresh marsh from ca15:00
Temminck’s stint – 3 on fresh marsh showing well from Island Hide
Spoonbill – 2 east @ 13:40
Red crested pochard – drake on fresh marsh

Paul

Cley Grey-headed Wagtail

Tried to photograph this bird the other day, but too distant. However to me it had quite a good whitish supercilium. Have seen many Grey-heads and this one ticked all the boxes, including the typical smudgy breast band. But have never seen one with any more than a small pale mark above the eye.

John

Gull billed tern

I am sure some better images will appear but here are the best of my digiscope efforts from this afternoon.

Paul

Attachments

• GBT3.gif
    GBT3.gif
    55.4 KB · Views: 85
  • GBT2.gif
    GBT2.gif
    67 KB · Views: 91
Gull-billed Tern flew north from the field with the water sprayer (on the left toward top of hill of the Choseley Road out of Thornham) back onto Titchwell reserve fresh marsh at 19:15

Gull-billed Tern flew north from the field with the water sprayer (on the left toward top of hill of the Choseley Road out of Thornham) back onto Titchwell reserve fresh marsh at 19:15

I arrived by the field at 19:20 (typically!) and raced down to Titchwell reserve with a few others, but no sign of it (till 20:15). Did it carry on east?

All the best,

I arrived by the field at 19:20 (typically!) and raced down to Titchwell reserve with a few others, but no sign of it (till 20:15). Did it carry on east?

All the best,

Think I must have turned up in the period it was at Thornham! Got to Titchwell about 5:30 ish after seeing it reported at 5:06 I think it was?
Would try again tomorrow but promised a mate a trip to Minsmere.....

All the best,

Hi Connor,

was that you arrived in a white van ?

it flew down west of the beach track and then drifted east over the track and landed on the freshmarsh in front of The Bridge of the Bismarck hide. I'd filled my boots by then so baled out

if you didn't connect then I guess it only stopped on the reserve briefly and pushed off

it was feeding around that water sprayer for at least an hour and a quarter as I could see it up there even from the Bismarck at 18:05. Might be worth checking that field again tomorrow...

We spent an hour or so at the Wensum Valley watchpoint yesterday afternoon. No Honey Buzzard but did see 1 Red Kite, 1 Hobby, 3 Common Buzzards, 1 Kestrel and 1 Sparrowhawk.

We spent an hour or so at the Wensum Valley watchpoint yesterday afternoon. No Honey Buzzard but did see 1 Red Kite, 1 Hobby, 3 Common Buzzards, 1 Kestrel and 1 Sparrowhawk.

no Honey seen at Swanton either (till 13:00 anyway), although an Osprey went through carrying what looked like a king prawn, probably filched from the Thai restaurant half of the Ordnance Arms on the Norwich-Fakenham road

Bridge of the Bismarck? That's an award-winning hide you're talking about there!

http://www.architecture.com/Awards/RIBAAwards/Winners2011/East/Eastwinners2011.aspx

it flew down west of the beach track and then drifted east over the track and landed on the freshmarsh in front of The Bridge of the Bismarck hide. I'd filled my boots by then so baled out

if you didn't connect then I guess it only stopped on the reserve briefly and pushed off

it was feeding around that water sprayer for at least an hour and a quarter as I could see it up there even from the Bismarck at 18:05. Might be worth checking that field again tomorrow...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back