• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

'Images' (3 Viewers)

Just thought I'd share a couple of the bridge images. Fascinating stuff, I've got loads!

Mike

I found that 2nd 'rust pic' of yours interesting Mike. It reminds me of continental drift...! In that 2nd pic the rust patch to the left looks like North America and the gulf of Mexico...the un-rusted parts of metal have a water quality.....[or maybe it's just my eyes and an over active imagination...?!;)

Nice Kes picture...love the yellowed moss roof tiles. My mate has got some wonderful shots of Lesser Kestrel in Spain set against 'such' tiling...without which...all you have is just a pic of a Lesser Kes. Which is fine...but the background is oh so important...[i seem to be a master of stating the b******g obvious...apologies to all you fine artists]!
There's so many bird photographers around these days who think that all they have to do is get an 'in focus' close shot of a bird...[which is okay...but]....they don't appeal to me on an artistic level...ie...no composition...no thought to backdrops etc....

ps...[Nick]...Klimt..!! Now your talking..!

pps...[Ed]....you mentioned that 'shadow falcon' image a whiles back...i was quite amazed how 'it' appeared thru playing with a piece of 'interesting' wood of mine. I think that within every 'object' there is another image waiting to be released....

Some great images on here User....I have a penchant for reflections, clouds..and as much as i dislike abstract art, I love abstract in nature

cambodia 06 (22) (Large).jpgcambodia 06 (570) (Large).jpgOz 06 Broome - Lamington (447) (Large).jpgOz 06 Pt 1 Perth - Broome (640) (Large).JPGWA 04 (535) (Large).JPG

Love those reflection pics Birdyboy....[gorgeous 3rd image....and great combination in 4th pic forming that 'creature']...;)

And really like the 'silly-un' too.....!

Both these attached images are 'water' based...and one relates to the earlier graffiti...[whilst a local pond was 'dry' someone did a 'scribble' on the side of concrete basin...i noticed this when the pond filled up again whilst looking for dragonflies]!
Second image again is a pond and the complex root system around the edges...[and yes'''i've obviously 'tinkered' a bit with image]...B :)

ps...birding highlight of the day was a female peregrine over Leicester town center...[or as Frankie Boyle calls Leicester City center...'its like a holding pen for the Jeremy Kyle Show].....

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 72
pps...[Ed]....you mentioned that 'shadow falcon' image a whiles back...i was quite amazed how 'it' appeared thru playing with a piece of 'interesting' wood of mine. I think that within every 'object' there is another image waiting to be released....

It was the flickering wingtip that just made that one. As for inanimate objects that have the subliminal but unmistakeable jizz of special birds, well that's a topic in itself..personally I can never see a compact little WWII Sherman tank without thinking of a Wallcreeper with its swivelly turrety head and beak..

Attachments

• w creeper scan0001 copy.jpg
    w creeper scan0001 copy.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 66
It was the flickering wingtip that just made that one. As for inanimate objects that have the subliminal but unmistakeable jizz of special birds, well that's a topic in itself..personally I can never see a compact little WWII Sherman tank without thinking of a Wallcreeper with its swivelly turrety head and beak..

that's the fellow! He's been rather absent this winter.

Thats a chuckle Ed...! Now even i've never imagined a wallcreeper as a sherman tank...[but now that you mention it]..!

Now as chance/coincidence? may have it....i was 'working on' an image of wallcreeper last night....how weird is that? Now whether this was because someone mentioned wallcreeper earlier...[was it Nick re wallcreeper and graffiti]..?

Anyways up....i decided to play with an illustration o mine...[a composition with a bone breaking lammyguy and a creeper...[inspired by a Turkish birding experience years ago]....haven't quite finished 'playtime' yet but here's how it looks thus far....

ps...still 'need' wallcreeper for uk as i had fazed during a critical birding/twitchy time.....

Attachments

• 010 - Copy.JPG
    010 - Copy.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 61
A bit more 'urban' stuff...

ps...just took a few pix on way to the shops this morning....

pps...the 'glass' image i took to be an aerial 'shot' of seabirds...not fully developed yet....[tis actually just peeling paint round a window frame and appeals to my love of fractals]..guess that's pretty obvious..?;)

pps...off into the 'real' field now...bout time i saw some 'actual' birds and got away from the pc.....[takes over yer flippin life at times]...;)

Attachments

• 003 - Copy.JPG
    003 - Copy.JPG
    265.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 006 - Copy.JPG
    006 - Copy.JPG
    237.3 KB · Views: 46
So i ventured out into 'the field'...[several muddy fields to be precise]...and what birds did i see..? More or less...buger all..!...[ah well]...them's the breaks..

Only birdy visual delight was a close buzzard 'crying' overhead...plus two fleeting sparrowhawk sightings...one breaking free of a hedgerow in startled mode...another...[again startled]...as i flushed it from a muddy pool of water where presumably it was bathing. I tried unsuccessfully to find it's prints in the mud....[yes...i do 'stuff' like that]....!

So my only real records of this afternoons events is a series of images...which i shall now bombard you with....

ps...blimey...this reads more like a diary than owt else....[chuckle]..;)

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    197.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 37
More 'stuff'....

Attachments

• 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 41
And more....[don't yawn]....;)

ps...the white plastic bag is not an egret....[just thought it 'odd' that it had degradable written on it].....

Attachments

• 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 40
  • 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 034.JPG
    034.JPG
    247.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 036.JPG
    036.JPG
    256.1 KB · Views: 43
Still awake.....? :smoke:

ps....enuff for now....!

Attachments

• 040.JPG
    040.JPG
    291.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 046.JPG
    046.JPG
    239.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 46
  • 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 39
Working towards an exhibition, User? Certainly looks that way.

An exhibition Tim..? Do you think anyone would be interested in such images..?!!

Hey...maybe Sony Ericsson could sponsor 'the exhibition' seeing as how i do all 'that stuff' on a mobile phone camera of theirs...[chuckle]!

I should really use a 'proper' camera...[which i have]...but i've just got in the habit of using a mobile...[which i even...on occasion...use to contact people with]...:eek!:

As there were very view birds for me to look at today i just took a few more pix than usual...[keeps me amused]...!;) That 'bombardment' of images only represents a couple of hours of me strolling thru the countryside on my local patch.....[probably dreaming of the return of my beloved Hobbies which...hopefully...i will spend much time with again this year upon their return]!

ps...'Halftwo's' hobby thread became my diary of observations last year....and hopefully us fellow hobby enthusiasts can 'pool' our respective observations again this year on this fabulous summer falcon.....

pps...i caught the distinct 'whiff' of Spring in the air today...[no doubt that 'whiff' will go 'off' as soon as the snow falls again and temperatures plummet like a stooping peregrine].....

I'd certainly want to go see it too - fascinating stuff again. I'm going to end up having an accident as I look for interesting bits and bobs everywhere now.

I'd go see it!!

Cheers..:t: I usually only make an 'exhibition' of myself Ads...:smoke:....;) [nowt new there then].....!

ps....haven't 'done' any new images today...[thus far]...have been far too busy 'doing my head in' trying to understand photoshop layers!! I now have scrambled egg for a brain and a decision to make as to whether to watch a certain football match on the box or get out into the field for a bit of very fresh n wet air...:eek!:

pps...will have to go round Mark [Rockfowls] place for a tutorial on the evils of photoshopping...think he knows far more than me....[and i know buger all really]....;)

I'd certainly want to go see it too - fascinating stuff again. I'm going to end up having an accident as I look for interesting bits and bobs everywhere now.

You take care Nick...i don't want you having an accident in your search for 'bits n bobs'....;) Thing is with 'bits n bobs'...they are everywhere...and all it takes to notice them is a complete lack of interesting birds to look at whilst out on your local patch....!...which is easy on my 'patch'...;)

ps...off out now into the wet n windy field....can't stay indoors any longer..i'm like a caged friggin animal....!

pps...good luck in seeking out B&B's....and be sure to have fun!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back