• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Sigma 150/600 contemporary (1 Viewer)

I took mine with a 550D and I am happy with the results. I expect it to do even better with a full frame camera.
Yep I saw that you were using a crop Camera Mic - I was referring to the Fred Miranda link samples that were all taken on a 5D3.
Your samples are good but like you say they would probably be better still on a FF.

Yep I saw that you were using a crop Camera Mic - I was referring to the Fred Miranda link samples that were all taken on a 5D3.
Your samples are good but like you say they would probably be better still on a FF.

I agree, will try to borrow a full frame camera soon.

Sun was out

Your shot:
428mm f8 ISO400, sunny
Heavily sharpened

My shots:
600mm f6.3 to f8 ISO1250 to 1600, overcast
No sharpening

Apples and oranges

And if you don't want to fight please post in someone else's thread about a lens you own.

Wishes for a good Easter :)

I would VERY much appreciate it if you refrained from posting in this thread any more unless you have some shots you took with the Sigma 150-600 C
Can you imagine if everyone that has a comparable lens starts doing that.
It will turn this thread into a mess like the one for the Sports version which is something I would very much want to avoid.

Thank you

Last edited:
Your shot:
428mm f8 ISO400, sunny
Heavily sharpened

My shots:
600mm f6.3 to f8 ISO1250 to 1600, overcast
No sharpening

Apples and oranges

And if you don't want to fight please post in someone else's thread about a lens you own.

Wishes for a good Easter :)

Not heavily sharpened at all, just heavily sharp. 1dx to 7d2. Finally we agree on something. Apples and oranges for sure. Tamron is the direct competitor. The post is very relevant to many.

Last edited:
Does the Contemporary have the custom function switch or is that only the Sports model? Can't find an image that shots what switches it has

They look good on my tablet screen, will give them a good check over on the laptop tomorrow but just had to say I've never seen a blue tit's tongue before! Looking like a good option for me.

Have you made any adjustments with the dock or are you still shooting straight out of the box?

I did adjust it a little using the dock.

Thanks on both accounts! I think that's me swayed, the dock is just too much of an advantage and I know the Sport model is going to be too heavy for me.

Not sure how I'm going to pay for it yet nor persuade the better half that I need it, but somehow, someday it will happen.

Paul B :)

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back