• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Uq's scribbles (1 Viewer)

U Q

uq
Hi!

I find the work's represented in this forum very inspiring. So i decided to revisit my childhood and pick up the pen after 15 y break. Can't handle the colours yet as colour painting is totally new territory for me. Now i have messed around with acrylics and watercolours for about 8 months with no spectacular results. Maybe should have kept on scribbling when i started in teens.

Little Egret is inspired from the bird i found few years ago in Estonia (2nd for counrty)

Gr Northern Diver is inspired from the trip i did in Iceland this August

Collared Kingfisher is a quick sketch i did in 2007 after a trip to Thailand.

critics welcome
Uq
http://www.ecobirderestonia.blogspot.com/

Attachments

• joonistus-col-kf.jpg
    joonistus-col-kf.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 112
  • garzetta.jpg
    garzetta.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 124
  • immer3.jpg
    immer3.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 164
Hi U Q, your work is very good, I can't draw or paint to save my life but I enjoy a good wildlife picture. Keep up the good work

Andy

Hi there Uq, welcome aboard BF!
Three very well done species here. Easily the best for me is the Little Egret - if this is from life you've done a superb job capturing a difficult beast in such few lines. Looking forward to seeing more and reading about your techniques etc.

Cheers

Russ

Bee-eater from Cape Ristna, May 2010.

First one is sketch done from a photo & then i did the final work with acrylics and water colours.

Uq

Attachments

• merops-sketch.jpg
    merops-sketch.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 74
  • merops-valmis.jpg
    merops-valmis.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 106
Some new experiments with acrylics + watercolours

Attachments

• REGIGN-joon.jpg
    REGIGN-joon.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 99
  • AREINT-joon2.jpg
    AREINT-joon2.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 89
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back