• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (5 Viewers)

Thankyou all
This visitor to Salthouse Marshes didn't bring the weather with it , Maybe a pyramid to make it feel at home.
Good close veiws by where they feed the ducks.

Attachments

• L1050610.jpg
    L1050610.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 40
  • L1050611.jpg
    L1050611.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 47
  • L1050612.jpg
    L1050612.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 41
  • L1050613.jpg
    L1050613.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 42
Hi Arthur!

I'm checking back in on your wonderful thread after too many months away from the forum. It was great catching up on your outstanding work! The Goldcrests (our Golden-crowned Kinglets or relatives, I assume) are excellent (as are all your pieces), and I'm glad to see you got an American visitor in the form of the Pectoral Sandpiper to paint as well.

I loved the sketches and the painting is wonderful as well. I'm impressed that you could do so well on an unusual bird which (I believe) you don't see so often! I'm not an expert on ibises but these look very good to me.

I loved the sketches and the painting is wonderful as well. I'm impressed that you could do so well on an unusual bird which (I believe) you don't see so often! I'm not an expert on ibises but these look very good to me.

Just beautiful Arthur! And as Gretchen says all the more impressive for an unusual bird. There really is a simplicity and clarity to this painting that is particularly striking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back