• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Boats to Blakeney Point (1 Viewer)

Quick question...

I'm in Norfolk tomorrow and have a bit of time free to do some birding. How do you get to Blakeney Point by boat? Where do you go from? Do all of them actually stop at the point or are they mainly seal trips? Do they run every day or are they tide dependant? Anyone got a phone number or link? google search wasn't very helpful.

Ta very much, Tom.

Here's how to

Tom
The operators from Blakeney are:
Graham Bean (01263-740505)
Colin Bishop (01263-740753)
Roy Moreton (01328-830394
And from Morston:
John Bean (01263-740038)
Jim Temple (012363-740791)

Joe Reed is the Propert Manager for Blakeney Point (01263-740480/740241)

Give them a call and see what they're offering toorrow. In the breeding season, as far as I understand, there is no foot access to the end of the point, because of the terns, and also it disturbs the seals.

Enjoy the trip!

Best

David

By Boat?
By eck when I were a lad we'd park at Cley Coastguards, run all the way to the point and still get back for breakfast.
Thought that you might have had enough of boats for now Tom ;)

Regards

Mark

A lot depends on the tide. The Manchester RSPB group have an annual trip to Cley and we always use Mr Bean. Early June he pointed out the Arctic Terns and nesting Common Gulls for us. Sometimes if the tide is right you get a trip beyond the end of the point to see the seals, then back for maybe 20 or 30 minutes disembarkation at the old coastguard hut thing. Other times it's just to the seals and back with no stopover. You could always get dropped off I guess, and walk back !

Tom

Looks like only seal trips tomorrow. Departures frrom 'Bean boat trips'are 09.15 and 18.00 both not landing on the point. I suspect the tides are not good. If you fancy a walk there have been some interesting reports from the point over the last couple of days.
I do not have info on the other carriers but you will probably need to be there before 09.00.
DO NOT park too close to the boats as at high tide the area can get flooded.

walk you lazy boy

pity i'm not here at the moment Tommo or i'd have come up and ruined your day. Together we could have found twice as little as i usually do on there.......

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back