• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Category:Europe (1 Viewer)

A question about location format for these categories. We have a number of categories right now with various island labels, for example "Greece and Greek Islands," "Spain Canary and Balearic Islands," "Italy Sardinia and Sicily" and so forth.

These aren't treated with any kind of consistency in this category. (For example, "Denmark" and "Portugal" rather than "Denmark and Faroe Islands" or "Portugal Madeira and Azores.") I propose that they all be cut back to direct national labels, "Spain" "Greece" "Scotland" and so on.

Comments?

Glad you asked this question JT - I've been puzzling over them for a bit but didn't quite know what to say about it.

When it comes to some of the English sites there are a few with just the 'County name' but England isn't... should the Country and County/State etc be in the Categories.

I'm afraid I just don't know how it works at all just yet.

D

Delia, as usual you're a step ahead of me. Let's just say there are very good reasons I'm saving England for last on my worldwide tour of rationalizing the opus geography categories. I'll start a new thread for this topic.

There are some difficulties in some of what is described above, I think. The Faroe Islands are politically at least as independent as Puerto Rico, and at least that far from the rest of Denmark. For locations like that, it might be best to have a link on the main page (here Denmark) to a separate category page for Faroe islands, while the main page can have links directly to locations.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back