• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

AGW and rising sea levels (3 Viewers)

The hole that opened up in Antarctica was ".... five times smaller than it was in the 1970's"
https://soccom.princeton.edu/content/soccom-float-surfaces-inside-rare-antarctic-sea-ice-opening

Here’s one of the source articles for the note you provided the link to which provides a rather fuller summary—
https://earther.com/theres-an-enormous-mysterious-hole-in-antarcticas-sea-1819043047

I think this is a first for you, citing discussion of peer-reviewed science by mainstream scientists rather than the outbursts of poorly credentialed authors with far-right axes to grind that you usually favor us with. The next step is to familiarize yourself with how good science is conducted: Data are collected and analyzed, with those in apparent conflict with well-supported established science (AGW in this case) giving rise to new hypotheses (doubtless underway as we speak) and further research. Happens so routinely with research into highly complex phenomena like global warning as to be a hallmark. So, no cause for alarm yet. . ..

Last edited:
Here’s one of the source articles for the note you provided the link to which provides a rather fuller summary—
https://earther.com/theres-an-enormous-mysterious-hole-in-antarcticas-sea-1819043047

I think this is a first for you, citing discussion of peer-reviewed science by mainstream scientists rather than the intemperate outbursts of poorly credentialed authors with far-right axes to grind that you usually favor us with. The next step is to familiarize yourself with how good science is conducted: Data are collected and analyzed, with those in apparent conflict with well-supported established science (AGW in this case) giving rise to new hypotheses (doubtless underway as we speak) and further research. Happens so routinely with research into highly complex phenomena like global warning as to be a hallmark. If this doesn’t satisfy you, and you continue to pant for pie charts summing up truths universally acknowledged, you’ll have to dive back into the quackerysphere where they’re 10 for a penny.
Haha - made you look you dirty chook! :)

"citing ..... the intemperate outbursts of poorly credentialed authors with far-right axes to grind" !! Whatchutalkinbout Willis! :eek!: ...... surely you have me confused with literally every other person (real and imagined! :) that is Against you.

Thanks for the tip on the scientific method - gawd only knows how I muddled through my Doctorate without it !!!!!! *uncontrollable fits of laughter*

Chosun :gh:

"citing ..... the intemperate outbursts of poorly credentialed authors with far-right axes to grind...... surely you have me confused with literally every other person (real and imagined! :) that is Against you

Litebeam et al will be distressed to learn how poorly you think of them

Thanks for the tip on the scientific method - gawd only knows how I muddled through my Doctorate without it. . ..

C’mon, a “doctorate” (excuse me, “Doctorate”) in business administration, that most mickey-mouse of degrees! For a small fee you can get one through the mail! What did you write your dissertation on—you did write a dissertation didn’t you?—pie charts?

"The Great American Desert" https://inhabitat.com/great-america...-eight-us-states-as-massive-aquifer-dries-up/

Everything to do with "Man made" and very little to do with "Climate Change" ....... and so it goes the world over ....

Indeed, AGW isn’t the only man-made ecological disaster in the offing; I don’t know anyone who claims that it is. Do you? In addition to desertification, consider (for example) such lesser but still horrifyingly potent disasters-in-the-making as deforestation and the “plastification” of the oceans.

Now for a brief cultural interlude—

“Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire,
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice
I think I know enough of hate
To see that for destruction ice
It’s also great
And would suffice.”

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back