• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

new oil paintings (1 Viewer)

clive2604

I last worked in any medium other than graphite about 15 years ago now and felt it was time for a change of direction and so ive bought myself a new set of oils and embarked on some new paintings.i hope to be able to split the art between animals and birds to keep the commercial world happy whilst retaining my sanity.the kingfisher painting was my last oil painting some 15 years ago and the little egret oil is my latest image 6"x12".the third image is of a snow leopard cub

Attachments

• 175163_10150092083936244_176339306243_6801850_6621931_o.jpg
    175163_10150092083936244_176339306243_6801850_6621931_o.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 198
  • egret pool 003 (Small).JPG
    egret pool 003 (Small).JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 189
  • snow leopard cub oil painting 002 (Small).JPG
    snow leopard cub oil painting 002 (Small).JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 142
As mentioned elsewhere Clive - looks like you and oils will be getting along famously. Stunning work all round - agree with Ed re the Egret.

Great stuff Clive.

It's interesting that the first two new projects are muted colours and tonally driven. I would imagine if you'd gone straight back to kingfishers all that colour could have damaged your eyes!

Definitely looking forward to seeing more of these.

Mike

Great stuff Clive.

It's interesting that the first two new projects are muted colours and tonally driven. I would imagine if you'd gone straight back to kingfishers all that colour could have damaged your eyes!

Definitely looking forward to seeing more of these.

Mike

its odd but all the projects that appeal to me on further thought do appear to have rather muted colour schemes,perhaps its a consequence of spending so long in monotone.anyway i'm defo going to liven up the colour scheme with my next project,although i have very real problems with greens for some reason!

this is my latest attempt with oils a small 17.5" x 6" study of a resting black headed gull.i know its been done many a time before but i liked the idea of the long composition and whilst still getting to grips with the oils thought i'd keep it simple

Attachments

• reflections 003 (Small).JPG
    reflections 003 (Small).JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 123
tim,thankyou once again.i am really enjoying working with the oils although i'm still a little slow as i get to grips with colour mixing in particular.
john,many thanks,i felt it was about time for a fresh challenge and i think its good to try and get a handle on new media

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back