• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello, and Help me with this one! Plz! (1 Viewer)

Crisstina

Hello!

I really love all kinds of animals, and this is what happened.
Yesterday I went to my dog's backyard and I saw a bird on the floor. It is a brown small one, I really don't know its breed. What I'm sure it wasn't my dog who bit him, because she would have kill such a small animal with one bite.

The thing is, there were feathers all over, and he was kind of drowsy. I picked him and noticed one of the wings is not moving at all. This morning I woke up and saw his head and its badly swollen, like in the left lobe, at the point, the eyelid can't be completely closed. The wing is still not moving, he tries to fly but he fells.

I didn't take him to the vet today bc it was closed (even for emergencies) - I don't live in the US.

What I want to know is:
1) WIll he get better anyhow? I mean, is there a way to save the wing so he can fly again?
2) Is it possible he has brain problems now?

I really don't want to make this bird suffer. He looks very very sad. He didn't have any food today! I tried using a syringe (without the needle), but he will only take water.

Please, if anybody knows about this let me know. Tomorrow I will take him anyway to the zoo's bird place, to find an special Vet.

Cristina.

|=(|

Hi Crisstina - welcome to BirdForum. The bird will probably not survive the night but if it does, do take it in for help. Barbara

That is very sad... The accident was yesterday, and its been more than 24 hrs since I found him. I am very worried. Right now he's asleep. I will do my best to take him tomorrow to the vet.

Thank you for your reply

Hi Crisstina,

A warm welcome to BirdForum from all the Moderators and Admin. I am sure the bird's best chance is to get it to a vet.

Hello everyone and thanks for all your replies.

Well, The bird is doing better today. We went to the vet and he said the bird could get better at home than at vet's. He gave me few tips. The bird crashed against a railing, that's why he's this way... Doc told me to feed him as much as he accepts, and give him water with something he gave me.

Let's see what happens! thanks for reading..

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back