• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

owls in the north east (1 Viewer)

There are several sites in Durham where the 5 common species are regular. Durham has 40+ pairs of Long-eareds, 300+ pairs of Little Owls and a fairly healthy population of Barn Owls. Updates on the annual owl surveys are in the DBC magazine and often mentioned on the Durham thread on Birdforum.

little owls

get your self down to trow quarry there is a pair of little owls there. they sit in the tree on the rock face. look closely but dont go to close. they are aways there but sometimes go into the rocks when disturbed
good luck

get your self down to trow quarry there is a pair of little owls there. they sit in the tree on the rock face. look closely but dont go to close. they are aways there but sometimes go into the rocks when disturbed
good luck

Last winter there was 2/3 seo on the leas about 200 yards from the littles.

Little Owls in Marsden Ouarry,Trow Quarry Tawny Owls in Castle Eden Dene ,Hawthorn Dene,Cherry Knowle Dene, SE Owls ,Teeside ,Rainton Meadows,LE Owls at Hurworth Burn Reservoir,Barn Owls sometimes seen round Boldon Flats and Cleadon.

here is my son liam with a ill fated little owl:C at eastgate in july fighting off the midges..owl had been ran over!

Attachments

• LITTLE OWL (2).jpg
    LITTLE OWL (2).jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 283
Hi,
On my regular trips "back home" I often find SEO along the Harthope Valley and anywhere on the coast. LEO I can see at the Kielder raptor watch point. Barn Owls at Cresswell. Little Owls at Felton and Druridge. The easiest Tawnies I think are in Blyth cemetry and Whitley Bay cemetry.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back