• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Birds Sculptures Collection (1 Viewer)

LeoRamos

Birder, Hiker and Wildlife Artist
Hi,

Here I want to put pictures of my collection of birds sculptures, in principle, all made by me. At the moment, I have already a few, and its number is gradually increasing, so I'll post pictures slowly. I have also amphibians, reptiles, mammals ... but those are for other places. Hope you like.

I start with the Sanderling (Calidris alba) in breeding plumage.

Galileo Ramos.

Attachments

• Calidris alba nup 02.JPG
    Calidris alba nup 02.JPG
    410.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Calidris alba nup 21.JPG
    Calidris alba nup 21.JPG
    409.5 KB · Views: 85
  • Calidris alba nup 22.JPG
    Calidris alba nup 22.JPG
    443.9 KB · Views: 93
Very nice Galileo. It's also nice to see your hand so that there's some sense of scale. It's hard to believe that I've never seen these relatively common birds, at least in the U.S., in breeding plumage.

Thanks, Ken. The true is that I also haven´t seen this bird. I have seen it with winter colours (white), in winter. They breed in northern countries.

I have taked a look to your website. You have very nice pictures.

I put another spcie, this time the Great Reed Warbler (Acrocephalus arundinaceus).

A arundinaceus 04 Ret.JPGA arundinaceus 04b Ret.JPGA arundinaceus 05 Ret.JPGA arundinaceus 05b Ret.JPG

This is the Cuban Tody, Todus multicolor, a small bird endemic to Cuba.

It is about 11 cm long. I has a nice big head, relatively large to his body.

Todus multicolor 01 Ret Peq.JPG Todus multicolor 06 Ret Peq.JPG Todus multicolor 09 Ret Peq.JPG Todus multicolor 15 Ret Peq.JPG

Beautifully made birds Leo, love the attention to detail, eg. hawfinch's flight feathers. The amphibians/reptiles shown in your blog are also excellent.

Thanks a lot for your comments!!

This is the European Kingfisher, Alcedo atthis. This is one of my favourits.

Alcedo atthis 02 Ret Peq.JPG Alcedo atthis 03 Ret Peq.JPG Alcedo atthis 10 Ret Peq.JPG Alcedo atthis 12 Ret Peq.JPG

Never seen this Kingfisher but the bill looks thoroughly reminiscent of our Belted Kingfisher. Those bills are always a pleasure to see.

Thanks for your comments. I have a whole project with kingfishers. I think it will take me time, but I have no hurry. The Belted Kingfisher is inside my project, and I think I will create sooner than later.

This is the male Eurasian Bullfinch (Pyrrhula pyrrhula), a bird common in our forests, although in my area is not very easy to see.

Pyrrhula pyrrhula 01.JPG Pyrrhula pyrrhula 08.JPG Pyrrhula pyrrhula 05.JPG Pyrrhula pyrrhula 16.JPG

Another finch (Fringillidae), the male Orange Bullfinch, also with very nice colours. This bullfinch lives in temperate forests of India and Pakistan.

Pyrrhula aurantiaca 15.JPG Pyrrhula aurantiaca 14.JPG Pyrrhula aurantiaca 09.JPG

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back