• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

looking for predation on parrots info (1 Viewer)

rupicola

Amigo de los Psittacidos
Netherlands
looking for information parrot predation

Is there anyone out there who ever witnessed a parrot being predated by a bird or any other animal? I try to make an inventory of predators of this kind.

Last edited:
In Mexico, man is the biggest predator of the Yellow-headed Parrots. They have almost been extirpated in Mexico for the pet trade. This probably isn't the info you were looking for, but thought I would throw it in.

Dave B Smith said:
In Mexico, man is the biggest predator of the Yellow-headed Parrots. They have almost been extirpated in Mexico for the pet trade. This probably isn't the info you were looking for, but thought I would throw it in.
Not only in Mexico but Worldwide the declining of habitats by human interference and the capturing of parrots for live trade are the two main reasons that makes man the biggest predator on wild parrots!
So you're right to throw this in!
The main reason why I am looking for more 'other than human' predadors is to make other birdkeepers aware that parrots should no longer be caught for international trade and no longer be imported in to Western countries.
By publishing facts (unknown or unfamiliar facts to the average birdkeeper) about natural predation on parrots combined with widely known human interference as mentioned before, I might just keep a few extra birdkeepers from buying an imported parrot.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back