• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Being able to take up my hobby again (1 Viewer)

ARTHUR BISHOP

2 years now I have had the time for my hobby.all 13"x20"the Shorteared Owl I dedicated to RAR.THE SPOT on the East Bank. Bittern.Covey of Grey PartridgesPen & Ink + Watercolour. Hope you like.

Attachments

• Picture 059.jpg
    Picture 059.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 161
  • Picture 053.jpg
    Picture 053.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 174
  • Picture 054.jpg
    Picture 054.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 165
Hi Arthur

Great to welcome yet another Artist onto to BF! You work is of the draftmanship that I'd die for! (don't give them all away, looks like they have great commercial potential too ;) ). I particularly like the Bittern, but all of them have great appeal.

Quite like the partridges myself actually!

Those grasses must of been rather painstaking....!!

Nice work, thanks for putting them online.

Hi Arthur, nice to have another artist on BF, we seem to have been increasing quite a lot recently.

Nice work, it all has a very graphic feel which is unusual and individual.

Woody

buzzard12 said:
Quite like the partridges myself actually!

Those grasses must of been rather painstaking....!!

Nice work, thanks for putting them online.
THANKS, I like to put the bird were it belongs, Arthur

timwootton said:
I like a big lot, actually Arthur. Congratulations on rediscovering your hobby and look forward to seeing some more.
THANKS,I must get back to doing field sketching like you but i have been practising my technique in differant mediums to see which way I want to go.I have a few more to post to get oyut of my system . thanks again. Arthur

deborah4 said:
Hi Arthur

Great to welcome yet another Artist onto to BF! You work is of the draftmanship that I'd die for! (don't give them all away, looks like they have great commercial potential too ;) ). I particularly like the Bittern, but all of them have great appeal.
THANKS , much appreciated ther are some more on the way, Arthur

Woody said:
Hi Arthur, nice to have another artist on BF, we seem to have been increasing quite a lot recently.

Nice work, it all has a very graphic feel which is unusual and individual.

Woody
THANKS , nice to join and be able to show .You don't know and it gives you confidence to hear other peoples oppinions, Arthur

I think the short eared owl is fantastic-but all owls are aren't they :gh:

Looking at these and your pic on the other thread it's good to see that you have a nice consistant style.I'd definately encourage you keep this thread running with future posts and pics.

Matt

Last edited:
matt green said:

Looking at these and your pic on the other thread it's good to see that you have a nice consistant style.I'd definately encourage you keep this thread running with future posts and pics.

Matt[/QUOTHANKS, for your support but I do like to dabble in other mediums, Arthur

ARTHUR BISHOP said:
matt green said:

Matt[/QUOTHANKS, for your support but I do like to dabble in other mediums, Arthur

Very unusual and exceptional style Arthur!:clap:
At the beginning I thought it was Batik on textile!
Looking forward to see more...

Spizaetos

spizaetos said:
Very unusual and exceptional style Arthur!:clap:
At the beginning I thought it was Batik on textile!
Looking forward to see more...

Spizaetos
Thankyou andIlike your style too.there are some more to comeas I have only just joined, Regards Arthur

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back