• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Id Please, Oklahoma, USA (1 Viewer)

OK_Scissortail

Oklahoma State Bird
I hate to ask without a photo but I saw a bird while in Tulsa in a parking lot that got my attention. It was black all over, narrow built, skinny like, and had a super long tail say about 10 inches or so long, longer then a common grackle. The bird carried the tail up. I did not see any yellow in eyes or anything else around eyes, just a black bird about twice the size of a blue jay with a super long tail that was average not broad in width. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you, never saw the yellow eyes but I did focus more on tail because so unusual and the trim narrow body. I'll consider it a Great Tailed and appreciate the ID. I'll be in that area on April 1st, maybe it visits the parking lot regularly. Taking my camera with me this time. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back