• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wootton Art 2012 (1 Viewer)

good! that one deserves to be shown in a splendid show!

YLG must be quite good bird up there, we don't get that many here ( but it is the default gull species )

I need to get this collection up and running 'cos I have to paint another show (for Orkney) of 35 pieces before we take a short break to Yorkshire in early July . . . time flies!
Also chuffed to get my entry accepted for the David Shepherd Wildlife Artist of the Year Award and Exhibition.

35 paintings for a different show!! I guess it's no sleep until July eh? Hard to imagine producing that much work. But getting into shows like this should help with the motivation to get them done. Congratulations.

Tim,

I think nearly all, if not all the old Orkney records of Yellow legged Gull have been binned in a recent review !!!

Could be a 1st/2nd for Orkney . . . . any more details ??

Did you enter, Nick?

No, not this year, too busy with the move to get anything worthwhile done or organised. Though after my nap, I'm going to have a stab at a backlit whimbrel being bullied by a territorial curlew that I just had on my patch.

I love your compositions. I wish I could do better placing my subjects in a more aesthetic way like you've done. Keep up the great work.

Playing with the acrylics again with a view to producing work for the Maine show. I need to get this collection up and running 'cos I have to paint another show (for Orkney) of 35 pieces before we take a short break to Yorkshire in early July . . . time flies!
Also chuffed to get my entry accepted for the David Shepherd Wildlife Artist of the Year Award and Exhibition.

More masterful stuff, sir. Will you be taking in part of deepest, darkest South Yorkshire, Tim? If so, just let me know when and where!

Russ

Various projects are keeping me occupied at the moment, but I'm still popping into the forum for regular shots in the arm.
A couple of recent pieces developed from an encounter with one of the hundreds of short-eared owls loping about the county at the moment.
Just every now and then I get an urge to do something verbatum . . .
I present "a bird on a stick x 2"

Attachments

• 005 (800x587).jpg
    005 (800x587).jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 183
  • 002 (800x566).jpg
    002 (800x566).jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 131
Has anyone noticed..its the same stick...? ok ok, Im heading back to the lower pages until I can produce something worth while........

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back