• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anglesey Birds (1 Viewer)

andm

Had a good day at Anglesey, started at Cemlyn Bay, Sandwich Terns, Artic Terns,Common Terns, with some plump looking chicks.Then to South Stack, 3 Chough by car park, some good views of about 15 Puffins, amongst all the Razorbills & Guillemots. Nice view of a Fulmar on nest,on way back up the 100 steps so it seems, a Rock Pipit. Quick snack & drink in cafe, then to Holyhead Harbour, yes I saw 3 Black Guillemots amongst all the boats cant miss those red legs when they go under, also 2 Ringed Plover, 3 Redshank, & Oystercatchers. Not breaking news but really enjoyable day, with 3 new species for me, and I think my family enjoyed it to , although they didnt walk around harbour with me , never mind there loss at not seeing Black Guillemots :-O

Cemlyn is beautiful. Did you see the seals? The Terns are amazing, especially the way they dive to catch sand eels!

Penmon is also very good for birds and you might also see some seals or dolphins, too. We live close to Sandy Beach on Penrhyn Bay and there are a few common Terns there, as well as other birds. There are several birds of prey around there too, if you like them, Kestrel, Buzzards. Rhosneignr is another good place for birds.

Cemlyn is beautiful. Did you see the seals? The Terns are amazing, especially the way they dive to catch sand eels!

Penmon is also very good for birds and you might also see some seals or dolphins, too. We live close to Sandy Beach on Penrhyn Bay and there are a few common Terns there, as well as other birds. There are several birds of prey around there too, if you like them, Kestrel, Buzzards. Rhosneignr is another good place for birds.

no didnt see any seals or dolphins, only stayed a short time, i have seen a seal and some dolphins when i went to newquay wales in may , cemlyn is a nice place, and i am sure to return,

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back