• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

wildlife in graphite (1 Viewer)

Clive , simply staggering pencil work you have here. The Buff is great and I checked your blog and the progress pages of this are wonderful to look at. Loved the Avocet .

cheers andy,i was watching springwatch the other night and there slow motion filming of a hobby chasing dragonflies and noted that they couldnt capture the strike as you had with your sketch even with all the hi-tech equipment!

Popped along to Titchfield Haven last week armed with camera and bins to get some reference material of youngsters.The place was awash with young birds and particularly Black Headed Gulls and chicks.I am going to be showing my bird drawings there for 3 months from august and its the first time i will have exhibited my drawings of local birdlife to an appreciative audience outside of BF so i thought it would be nice to have some pictures including young birds.This is hopefully(time permitting) the first of several smaller sketch/study style pieces quickly rendered for the show.

Attachments

• 002 (Large).jpg
    002 (Large).jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 72
I missed that one !! I'll have to check on BBC iplayer see if its on there.

Sometimes its earier to see than others and if the hobby is in a climbing stall then
its easy to pick out or maybe I was just lucky:-O

Oi Clive - It's amazing what you can chuck together, isn't it! ;) What a superb piece of work - the show will be totally wonderful - good luck.

colleen,tim and phil thanks for the kind words,if the birders at titchfield are as appreciative as you guys i'll be chuffed and hopefully be able to spend a bit more time working on my fave subjects!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back