• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (6 Viewers)

yes, that's an improvement. This is a very moody piece, makes me think of autumn looming (lovely sunny day here)

Sketching at Salthouse Marshes , out for abreath of fresh air. I think everyone else was at Titchwell . Long billed something or other .

Attachments

• Snipe.jpg
    Snipe.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 77
Making a frustrating start but a good learning curve with oils . But I wont let it beat me.

Attachments

• L1070313.jpg
    L1070313.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
looking good Arthur. Remember with oils you will have the time
to pull it around and make any changes you need.
so much more forgiving than Watercolour. well IMO.

relax with it , it will come on beautifully

Starting to bring on the feathers.

I will try and take your advice Andrew, It nearly went out of the window a few times though.

Attachments

• L1070341.jpg
    L1070341.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 78
Hi Arthur,

Your painting's coming along very well. Great work on the feathers. Will surely looks great when it is finish. May i ask how do you upload your paintings? thanks

Only went out of the window once today. still laying the plumage in.

Attachments

• PG oil3.jpg
    PG oil3.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 61
  • PG oil4.jpg
    PG oil4.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 57
  • PG oil5.jpg
    PG oil5.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 75
Hello aires and welcome to BF. I usually take a photo or scan the image in. I see Alan has already told you how to upload it on your thread. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.
. arthur

Now that is really starting to look the biz! Amazing control over the medium Arthur - you're obviously scaring the sh*t out of it!!!! ;)

Ahh, you're braver and more persistant than me Arthur! I keep going back to oils and making soggy, unrecognisable mess but it looks like you've got the hang of it now!

Good luck and keep us posted.

Woody

Waiting for the plumage to dry, then I can start putting in the detail .

I can make a start on the foreground now, but I think I will have acouple of days sketching for a break.

Attachments

• PG oil6.jpg
    PG oil6.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 83

Users who are viewing this thread

Back