• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Once you have Alpha you can never Backa? (3 Viewers)

this is veeeery entertaining thread! I laugh often when I read this thread..o:D

and Dennis, the way you post, comment, reply or react to another post just like an innocent child..:-O I like that! gyaaahahahahaa!!

only at BirdForum!:t:

Like a broken record that just keeps playing... and playing... and playing the same old song.

Makes me wonder who really doesn't believe in their position and needs constant reinforcement.

I give up - the SVs rule. I might have to get one just to get my hands on that broken record that surely is included in every box. Please don't make me read "it's hard to go backa" again or I just might go wacka.:gn:

Funny! But I wasn't referring to the SV's again.
"It feels like a big downgrade going from the Nikon EDG to the Leupold GR HD, although both are probably better than 95% of the binoculars I see other people are using in my neck of the woods."
In this case the alpha is the Nikon EDG and the Leupold GR is the binocular that he doesn't want to go backa to. My post is not just about SV's although that is the alpha I own. It is about any alpha that you want to go backa to. Sorry you seem to be going a little wacka!

Last edited:
this is veeeery entertaining thread! I laugh often when I read this thread..o:D

and Dennis, the way you post, comment, reply or react to another post just like an innocent child..:-O I like that! gyaaahahahahaa!!

only at BirdForum!:t:

I may seem innocent but my replies are backed up with ALOT of experience. I think we all know I have had ALOT of different binoculars to compare. Glad you are enjoying the thread. A little humor makes the thread more interesting to read instead of a bunch of dry optical terminology don't you think?

Last edited:
I may seem innocent but my replies are backed up with ALOT of experience. I think we all know I have had ALOT of different binoculars to compare. Glad you are enjoying the thread. A little humor makes the thread more interesting to read instead of a bunch of dry optical terminology don't you think?

Agreed Dennis and you have the grace to reply to all the relavent comments.
Thank you and long may you continue. When did you say the new Zeiss's are due?

Agreed Dennis and you have the grace to reply to all the relavent comments.
Thank you and long may you continue. When did you say the new Zeiss's are due?

I expect about a year. I think it would be hard to improve signifigantly on the SV's though. Small incremental improvements would probably not be enough for me to trade because Swarovski customer service is so great. We will have to see though.

of course! :-O

be it backa or wacka....ol iz welll :hippy: peace...

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back