• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which Compact Flash card (1 Viewer)

Peewee

A have a Canon A95 camera and want to buy a new 1 GB CF card. I see there are several brands and also several speeds like 40x, 80x and 133x. Will I notice any difference in these cards using my A95? If so how will I notice? Any recommandations?

Thanks in advance

Peter

Peewee said:
A have a Canon A95 camera and want to buy a new 1 GB CF card. I see there are several brands and also several speeds like 40x, 80x and 133x. Will I notice any difference in these cards using my A95? If so how will I notice? Any recommandations?

Thanks in advance

Peter

I use Lexar Professional 80X, 1GB compact flash cards and have, in my Canon 350D, found them exemplary. They also come with a recovery program. They are expensive, Amazon appears to be the cheapest source. For a 'cheapy' I also you Transcend 80X and have so far had no problems.

I've have Lexar 80x, Sandisk Extreme III 133x, Intergral I-Pro 60x CF cards that I use with my EOS 350D and have not noticed any difference in performance or write speed between them. The only one I've had any problems with is the Lexar (my 2gb failed on me) which was also the most expensive...

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back