• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unique deer experiance (1 Viewer)

Josef

Unusual story about a young buck.

I was at my latest favorite birding woods digiscoping, when I'm in places like this I go to a likely spot (more activity) and set up so I have a large field of view - then wait. Well thats what I was doing when a loud call just about knocked me off my stool. What happend next was the unusual part, instead of running the young buck moved to my right and came closer. He moved from about 100' to 40', I thought I'd show him so I stood up and he didn't back off so I moved toward him which resulted in his running off. That wasn't the end though, a bit later I looked over my shoulder and he was sneaking back. For several minutes he stayed around brunching and then left. Nearest I can figure I was probably the first human he had seen and was just curious.

Pic taken with a Canon s95, custom adapter on a Kowa 883

Nature always surprises, Joe

Attachments

• YoungBuck6x8.jpg
    YoungBuck6x8.jpg
    312.5 KB · Views: 42
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back