Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Friday 4th June 2010, 16:04   #1
Whooping Crone

Good Resource for Birding in Oregon

Hi All -

I just found Birdforum and have been poking around a little - so much info to go through!

I just thought I'd add this link for anyone looking to bird in the state, since I didnt see it mentioned anywhere yet:
http://www.oregonbirdingtrails.org/

The birding trails guide you through loops of different birding hotspots in Oregon organized by ecoregion. Theres one trail guide for the coast, the Cascade range, the Willamette Valley, etc.

There are maps, directions to each stop on the way, and brief descriptions of what birds can be expected. A good way to start your trip planning - or handy if you will be somewhere with time on your hands and want to see whats nearby. I think they are really handy. If someone's already mentioned the birding trails - I apologize for repeating.

Have fun out there!

S.

(my first post - we'll see how this goes)
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: