Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Thursday 1st December 2011, 13:41   #1
Tony Knight

bulk editing - file size and copyright

Hi. I want to put several hundred photos onto my flikr site having reduced file size and added a " Tony Knight" stamp on the bottom. Is there a way to do this in photoshop as a bulk action ? Trouble is, due to cropping the photos are all different shapes so how would i get the stamp in the right place on all and how can i specify a consistent x pixels by x pixels file size ? To do this one by one would take forever. I've done some research in the forum and on the net generally but not found how to do this to many photos at the same time.

Thanks
Tony

Last edited by Tony Knight : Thursday 1st December 2011 at 13:49.
Old Thursday 1st December 2011, 14:38   #2
Mono
Hi!

It can be done in Photoshop but you have to create an action. The easiest way is to use Faststone. It is free and under Tools > Batch Convert > Advanced there are a whole host of options for adding text or watermark images.
Old Thursday 1st December 2011, 16:46   #3
BodyResults

Fastone is a good suggestion and you can't beat the price. Lightroom is really great for this task since it has built in a publishing function for flickr. It allows you to set global options lie sizing, watermarks etc. Also, it will upload other details if you fil them out in Lightroom like title, decription, keywords, copyright detail in the exif data.

After this is setup you simply collect the images in a lightroom collection and when ready click the publish button. It logs in automatically in the background an dbegins uploading all the imags. It also keeps track if you made edits to any images you already uploaded in will make them to republish whenever you are ready to publish again.
BF Supporter 2011
Click here to Support BirdForum
Old Thursday 1st December 2011, 16:57   #4
Tony Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyResults View Post
Fastone is a good suggestion and you can't beat the price. Lightroom is really great for this task since it has built in a publishing function for flickr. It allows you to set global options lie sizing, watermarks etc. Also, it will upload other details if you fil them out in Lightroom like title, decription, keywords, copyright detail in the exif data.

After this is setup you simply collect the images in a lightroom collection and when ready click the publish button. It logs in automatically in the background an dbegins uploading all the imags. It also keeps track if you made edits to any images you already uploaded in will make them to republish whenever you are ready to publish again.
Thanks - is there a charge for Lightroom (assuming this is a different product).

Tony
Old Thursday 1st December 2011, 20:59   #5
Tony Knight

Thanks - faststone seems to do the trick - see attached shoebill picture. If I upload c200 to flikr do i need to rename each file in flikr or will it retain the filename i've given it so once uploaded i need to do nothing more?

thanks for your help

Tony
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shoebill, the delta, Murchison NP, Uganda, 10-2011 v245.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	359148  
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: