Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Monday 26th September 2011, 18:53   #1
STS

Getting recovered deleted images back into PSE 9.

A while ago I deleted three photos I'd downloaded from my camera to Photoshop Elements 9 that I later decided I wanted to keep. I located them in the Windows XP 'Recycle Bin' and sent them to 'My Documents' then to 'My Pictures', where I have been able to find them. I want to know how to get them back into PSE 9 so that I can edit and tag them etc..
TIA, Thomas
Old Monday 26th September 2011, 21:03   #2
Duke Leto
Without habitat, there is no wildlife. It's that simple.

hi open PSE9 and select file and open then select the folder and file you want and hey presto you will be able to edit them.
I guess the other option is to update the PSE database of images and it should locate the errant files
BF Supporter 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012
Click here to Support BirdForum
Old Tuesday 6th December 2011, 09:10   #3
STS

Hi Steve,

I tried what you suggested and found the files easily enough, having gone through 'My Pictures' so as to identify the correct folder. Once in PSE and the folder, all I had to do was high-light the three images I wanted to restore to PSE then click on 'Get Media'. Job done.

Apologies for not replying sooner. I had a nasty feeling that it was going to be a hugely complicated and time-consuming task, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Cheers and thanks, Thomas
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: