Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Tuesday 6th March 2012, 11:46   #1
birdboybowley

Hummingbird monograph sponsorship opportunity

Hey all
Have started this thread over here too:-
http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=214600

The long and short of it is that a full-on hummingbird monograph is the biggest gap in the book market at present. Helm have given the go-ahead to produce the ultimate hummer guide, replete with plates and photos. The only stickler is covering the artwork costs on a project this size.
Which is where I come in - we are seeking sponsorship for as many species as possible so this book can actually come to fruition. Guide prices would be £100 per species or c£450 per plate comprising probably 5 species (all dependent on how many subspecies will need to be illustrated of course!). The sponsor would then get to keep the artwork once all the scanning has been completed and named in the book.
Please check post #85 in the above thread for the on-going list of species already sponsored if you are interested. This will be a monumental project and I hope you want to be part of it!
Some of my artwork can be seen here on this thread http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=106503 or by visiting my website.

Thanks for looking,
Ads

www.adambowleyart.com
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: