Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Thursday 29th March 2012, 09:46   #1
jacqui2
jacqui

Just bought a k200d

Hi, after having a canon sx40 for a while and although it produced great photos, autofocus was really slow, and whilst my daughter was clicking away with her dslr, I was missing them all, while my camera found focus, I decided it was back to a dslr and found a nice k200d and a tamron 70-300mm lens, would have preferred the 55-300mm but couldn't quite stretch to that yet. Should arrive sometime today, tracking says on truck for delivery :)
Old Sunday 1st April 2012, 02:01   #2
Chhayanat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui2 View Post
Hi, after having a canon sx40 for a while and although it produced great photos, autofocus was really slow, and whilst my daughter was clicking away with her dslr, I was missing them all, while my camera found focus, I decided it was back to a dslr and found a nice k200d and a tamron 70-300mm lens, would have preferred the 55-300mm but couldn't quite stretch to that yet. Should arrive sometime today, tracking says on truck for delivery :)
I use one in tandem with the Samsung GX20. In bright sunshine the results are very nice. ISO ends at 1600 and the camera shows noise above 800. The K200D's autofocus in low light is not all that fast but it is very accurate. In bright light the autofocus is quite fast and accurate as well. The viewfinder is just as good as a pentaprism finder even though it uses a pentamirror system. If shooting JPEGs, then a little experimentation is needed to arrive at the optimum settings for the best results, right out of the camera. All in all an excellent buy.
Chhayanat
Old Tuesday 3rd April 2012, 17:39   #3
StrikingSlug
As in "Speed of a Striking Slug"

Excellent choice of camera. The 55-300mm lens is also very good, but I am sure the Tamron will do you very well for now. The majority of photos in my gallery were taken with the K200D/55-300 combination, should you wish to have a look.

Enjoy your new purchase (and that secret pleasure of not being yet another Canikon user!).

Richard
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: